Skip to main content

In 2012


1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
White water raft on the American River in Sacramento, join my church's worship team, begin a 401k plan, go to Disneyland with a significant other, gamble in Vegas,  extract DNA from a strawberry, watch all three extended LOTR movies in a row, receive a bonus at work, celebrate in the streets of SF with crazed fans when the Giants won the World Series, learn to play the ukulele, follow TNG religiously, join Pinterest

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did not, and yes I will - same ones concerning physical, emotional, and spiritual health

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
There were a few additions to our LSCC family!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No

5. What countries did you visit?
None, unfortunately

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
I would like to have more self-discipline in keeping my resolutions to better myself. 

7. What date(s) from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I can't remember specific dates, but visiting Vegas for the first time in February with my best friend was fun and memorable; going to LA and Disneyland with Brian in September was wonderful; celebrating our 1-year in July was a first for both of us; and my parents moved back from Malaysia in December.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Landing a good job and working well through 2012 with my current company!

9. What was your biggest failure?
Stopping my workout routine

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing unusual

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My ukulele

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Brian finished his thesis and got his MS!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The shooter in Connecticut, and the rapists/murderers in New Delhi

14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent (always rent!)

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
DISNEYLAND

16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2012?
I guess certain Top 40 hits.  I listened to mostly classical music this year. 

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Wiser? Yes
Healthier? No
Richer? Yes

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Reading the Bible

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Eating

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Don't know yet. I'll probably spend it with family, but I'd love to visit another country.

21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Yes

22. How many one-night stands?
Zero

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Star Trek: The Next Generation and Bob's Burgers

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate people.  I just believe they died.

25. What was the best book you read?
Redeeming Love

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Les Miserables

27. What did you want and get?
A Tim Lincecum away jersey

28. What did you want and not get?
Bangs

29. What was your favorite film(s) of this year?
Les Miserables, Wreck-it Ralph, Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had dinner with my friends at Park Place Restaurant.  I was 27.

31. What's one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Honestly, this has been a beautiful and blessed year for me.  I can't ask for more :)

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Casual Banana Republic - nice blouse with dark jeans and flats.

33. What kept you sane?
Nightly episodes of the Enterprise's ongoing mission of exploring strange new worlds, seeking out new life and new civilizations, and going where no one has gone before

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Tim Lincecum

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
I hate this question, because I never know what to say, and I feel like an ignoramus.

36. Who did you miss?
My parents

37. Who was the best new person you met?
My coworker Wendy.  She's really taught me a lot this year.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Sometimes when it seems like life is falling apart, it may just be falling into place.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Some days we forget to look around us, some days we can't see the joy that surrounds us, so caught up inside ourselves, we take when we should give, so for tonight we pray for what we know can be, and on this day we hope for what we still can't see.  It's up to us to be the change, and even though we call can still do more, there's so much to be thankful for.

Comments

Teh_Brian said…
The SJ Zelda Symphony was pretty darn awesome as well! Glad that got into the 2012 calendar!

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye

i'm sitting in the middle of my bed. it's really comfortable, definitely a lot bigger than my twin mattress. my arms and legs are tired from unpacking, but before i sleep, i wanted to write a little something. around 8pm this evening, we finally pulled into the drive way and opened the door to an extremely excited cody. the ride from norcal was pretty smooth, save the first day when it was raining really hard. yesterday, we spent the night in diamond bar, because 15 hours of straight driving would be too tough on my brother, especially when my mom still has jetlag, and neither of them want me behind the wheel. that reminds me, i going to need to start driving again. yikes. anyway, most of my belongings are put away now, but a lot of my clothes and books are still scattered around the floor, because i don't have any bookshelves or even a dresser at the moment. right now, tucson isn't too different from the bay area in terms of weather. according to my desktop widget, it&

All Things In One

What have I been up to? Home: Living in the South Bay has been a pretty good experience. I didn't think I would like it (compared to the city) or get used to driving, but I very much enjoy speeding down the freeway and listening to the radio every day. Traffic is almost always terrible when I'm on the road, but it's expected. The wonderful part is that I have a lovely place to call home. I look forward to spending time with my house mates, even if it means listening to the three of them play games next to me while I'm text-twisting on my laptop. There are so many different ethnic restaurants around the area. The other night, I had some pretty delicious Malaysian cuisine. It reminded me of my aunt next door in Tucson, and how much I miss her (and her cooking). Work: Many people know from my status updates on Facebook, and a select few have heard the long, agonizing stories of how frustrating it has been at work for the past month. Recruitment for our study has bee

Parallel Characters

King Kong was on TNT over the weekend. I tuned in and loved it just as much as I did when I watched it in the theater. I wanted to write an essay afterward! The relationship between Anne and the ape was so touching, and I enjoyed that they were parallel characters-- she not belonging in his world, he not belonging in hers; both lose the people they cherish, and both protect the other from danger; at many points in the plot, they were bound physically and emotionally to each other.  When they're together, they have that companionship they seek.