Skip to main content

In 2015

1.  What did you do in 2015 that you'd never done before?
I got engaged, planned my own wedding, got married, and went to Europe, none of which would have been possible without the help and support of my wonderful family and friends. I also went on my first business trip.

 2.  Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My resolution last year was to continue going to the gym and also to get a promotion or new job. I definitely kept the gym resolution. I was on Warp 9 in terms of exercising and eating right; since the wedding, however, I’ve been more on impulse drive. Also, I did get a new job in the fall, so that was incredibly exciting.

 3.  Did anyone close to you give birth?
Sara

 4.  Did anyone close to you die?
No

 5.  What countries did you visit?
Germany and Denmark

 6.  What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
I would like peace and confidence in 2016. Last year’s big highlight was the wedding, which took up a lot of my mind and time. Everything was about preparing for the big day. Even though I was relatively calm during the process, the year seemed stressful overall, because I ended it with a new and challenging job with longer hours and a farther commute, a marriage in which Chris and I are learning to adjust to living together and turning our place from a bachelor pad to a warm home, and a couple of new roles in leadership that I’ve accepted at church. These are all fantastic opportunities, and I am grateful for them. I simply desire efficient management with my time and emotions as I learn to balance life, which is only going to get busier in the coming years.

 7.  What date(s) from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 22, because he got down on one knee, and we said “I love you” for the first time, and October 10, because we tied the knot! Some memorable mentions include the honeymoon in Germany, my bridal shower and bachelorette party, receiving the offer letter from LM, and first Christmas as a daughter-in-law at the Weingartner home. Oh, I will also remember really enjoying the pre-marital counseling sessions that Chris and I had to do with our pastor for months before the wedding.

 8.  What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Planning my wedding and losing 6 percent in body fat for the big day

 9.  What was your biggest failure?
I don’t know if this is considered a failure, but during the first week of the new job, there was one day where I was so incredibly overwhelmed and frustrated with not learning quickly enough. I sat in my car in the parking lot and just sobbed for a few minutes to let out some pent-up exasperation.

 10.  Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing outside the typical colds and flus that come and go with the season

 11.  What was the best thing you bought?
The trip to Munich and all the places and restaurants we visited!

 12.  Whose behavior merited celebration?
Sandy Lwi for her paper to be published, Amanda Walters for her doctoral degree, and Roxanne Balolong for her confidence and resolve to overcome the past and pursue happiness

 13.  Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My brother-in-law

 14.  Where did most of your money go?
W-E-D-D-I-N-G

 15.  What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The engagement, the wedding, the honeymoon, visiting Dachau, getting my new job, achieving my fitness goals, going to Huntsville for work, and taking Chris to watch Phantom for his birthday

 16.  What song(s) will always remind you of 2015?
Uptown Funk and Like I’m Gonna Lose You

 17.  Compared to this time last year, are you:
Wiser?  Yes (I fear the day when these answers change)
Healthier?  Yes
Richer?  Yes

 18.  What do you wish you'd done more of?
Read the novels that friends have recommended and also the Good Book, continue to learn German on Duolingo, take more photos with my Polaroid

 19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Finish bad shows or movies on Netflix for the sake of finishing. I’ve learned to just let it go and stop a movie halfway or occasionally minutes through.

 20.  How did you spend Christmas?
Chris and I drove to Murrieta to spend it with his parents and brothers. We went to church in the morning and watched Star Wars in the evening. It was very relaxing.

 21.  Did you fall in love in 2015?
I sure did. Note to self: Eliminate this question for next year.

 22.  What new hobbies did you pick up?
None, but I’d like to change that for 2016. I want to learn something new every year!

 23.  What was your favorite TV program?
Oh my goodness, I could not get enough of The Grand Hotel, this insanely dramatic Spanish soap on Netflix. I would recommend you all to check it out, but I also don’t want to take away your lives :)

 24.  Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No

 25.  What was the best book you read?
I started to read The Night Circus. I haven’t finished it yet, but it’s pretty good so far!

26.  What was your greatest musical discovery?
Meghan Trainor. I know, I know, I’m slow to these new artists…

27.  What did you want and get?
A ring

28.  What did you want and not get?
To visit Salzburg. We slept in instead and missed the bus.

29.  What was your favorite film(s) of this year?
Jurassic World and Star Wars, the only two films I saw in theaters

30.  What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
My birthday was on the same night as Small Group, so the evening before, Chris took me to Teske’s Germania for a delicious German dinner. Little did I know that I’d actually dine on Bavarian meals in Germany later in the year! On the actual night, my small group bought me a birthday cake and sang to me after our Bible study. Then, that Friday night, a group of us went to Red Robin and ate a bunch of burgers and more cake. Chris made me a card on which he drew olives and glued olive leaves – cutest card ever! I turned 30.

 31.  What’s one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I wish that everyone who couldn’t make it to the wedding actually could have.

 32.  How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
It was pretty casual for most of the year. In September, I bought a new wardrobe at Express and Banana Republic to look more like a business professional.

 33.  What kept you sane?
Good friendships and Classical KDFC

 34.  Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Camille Leblanc-Bazinet

 35.  What political issue stirred you the most?
Gay marriage and the attacks in Paris

 36.  Who did you miss?
My mom, when she was in Taiwan for a couple months right after I got married

 37.  Who was the best new person you met?
I don’t know how to choose just one, but my new coworkers are pretty freaking fantastic!

 38.  Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
Never rely on motivation. Motivation will only take you so far. When it goes, all that’s left is commitment, and it’s our commitments that make us who we are.

 39.  Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
That’s why, Darling, it’s incredible that someone so unforgettable thinks that I am unforgettable, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye

i'm sitting in the middle of my bed. it's really comfortable, definitely a lot bigger than my twin mattress. my arms and legs are tired from unpacking, but before i sleep, i wanted to write a little something. around 8pm this evening, we finally pulled into the drive way and opened the door to an extremely excited cody. the ride from norcal was pretty smooth, save the first day when it was raining really hard. yesterday, we spent the night in diamond bar, because 15 hours of straight driving would be too tough on my brother, especially when my mom still has jetlag, and neither of them want me behind the wheel. that reminds me, i going to need to start driving again. yikes. anyway, most of my belongings are put away now, but a lot of my clothes and books are still scattered around the floor, because i don't have any bookshelves or even a dresser at the moment. right now, tucson isn't too different from the bay area in terms of weather. according to my desktop widget, it&

All Things In One

What have I been up to? Home: Living in the South Bay has been a pretty good experience. I didn't think I would like it (compared to the city) or get used to driving, but I very much enjoy speeding down the freeway and listening to the radio every day. Traffic is almost always terrible when I'm on the road, but it's expected. The wonderful part is that I have a lovely place to call home. I look forward to spending time with my house mates, even if it means listening to the three of them play games next to me while I'm text-twisting on my laptop. There are so many different ethnic restaurants around the area. The other night, I had some pretty delicious Malaysian cuisine. It reminded me of my aunt next door in Tucson, and how much I miss her (and her cooking). Work: Many people know from my status updates on Facebook, and a select few have heard the long, agonizing stories of how frustrating it has been at work for the past month. Recruitment for our study has bee

Parallel Characters

King Kong was on TNT over the weekend. I tuned in and loved it just as much as I did when I watched it in the theater. I wanted to write an essay afterward! The relationship between Anne and the ape was so touching, and I enjoyed that they were parallel characters-- she not belonging in his world, he not belonging in hers; both lose the people they cherish, and both protect the other from danger; at many points in the plot, they were bound physically and emotionally to each other.  When they're together, they have that companionship they seek.